The CAW youth project is about creating space for young people within the union to devleop confidence, skills, and the knowledge to participate actively in union life and play a role in building our union for the future.
CAW youth are involved in many important progressive initiatives in their communities, nationally, and internationally.
The first national CAW youth conference was held in May 2000. This inspired many young members in several local unions to get actively involved and create youth committees. In 2007, CAW youth came together to establish a national CAW Youth Network - founded on the need to reach out beyond the borders of local unions to help mobilize youth.
To learn more about the work of young members in the CAW follow the links below, or contact email@example.com
Click here to check out the latest issue of the Echo, the official CAW Youth Newsletter!
- CAW Young Workers Conference 2013 - Call Letter
- Youth Committee Handbook
- Youth Committee Handbook (French)
- Young Workers Letter to Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty on Safe At Work Ontario Program - June 4, 2009
- Canadian Youth Delegation to COP 14 (Poznan, Poland)
- CAW Youth Fact Sheets
- 10 Points for Meetings
- Canadian Youth Climate Coalition (CYCC)
- CAW Youth & International Transportworkers Federation (ITF)